Corona Virus (COVID-19): A world Pandemic
Knowing How Corona Virus Spreads:
- Person-to-person exposure
- Respiratory droplets/vapor when an infected person coughs or sneezes
- Ingesting mucous from an infected person
- Contact with persons with a fever
- Persons with compromised immune systems are likely to spread the virus at an accelerated rate.
Steps to Protect Yourself:
- Wash your hands often (for at least 20 seconds under running water with anti-bacterial soap)
- Utilize hand sanitizing stations
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, ears with unwashed hands
- Avoid public places such as hospitals, nursing homes, etc.
Steps to Protect Others:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Cover your mouth/nose when sneezing or coughing (preferably inside of elbow if tissue is unavailable)
- Throw used tissues in the trash
- If you are sick wear a mask when around other people
- If you are not sick you do not need to wear a mask unless caring for someone that is sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as door knobs, light switches, counter-tops, hand-rails, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, etc.
Symptoms of Covid-19
- Shortness of Breath
- Pain/pressure in the chest area
- Bluish lips or face
*The aforementioned list is not all inclusive. Apex EHS is not a healthcare provider. Please consult a medical provider for more information or conditions that are severe or concerning. For more information you can visit the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to view official documents.